Consumer Relationship Management software, or CRM for short, is a popular tool for any business that can help track customer contact with the company and provide feedback on sales data. However, most startups have limited funding that negatively impacts the ability to invest in IT hardware, software, and trained professionals capable of advising on these matters. As a result, many entrepreneurs turn to the best software they can afford.
In this post, you’ll learn about some of the best CRM software for startups.
In truth, Pipedrive is more of a tool that helps your startup develop a sales pipeline, while also providing some helpful contact tracking capabilities. With that said, it’s an affordable solution that provides benefits to your new business. The greatest benefit of this product is its flexibility. You can customize every component and screen within the software using drag and drop. As an added benefit, there is a mobile app that keeps you connected on the go.
• Flexible, easy to use, and scalable, all important for startups
• Compatible with most Google Apps, such as Google Maps and Contacts
• Affordable: $9/month per user, with no limitations
• Mobile app is evolving, but currently is only compatible with iOS
• Still improving in terms of customer contact tracking
Unlike Pipedrive, this CRM software focuses more closely on customer communications. Close.io comes with a fully integrated calling system that makes it easy for sales calls to be placed and received within the program. Automatic updates are made to customer account profiles when calls are made, received, or emails are sent. Pop-up reminders and alerts keep your employees up to date on any changes regarding a customer account.
• The ability to run a call center within the software interface
• API access allows for user customization of any feature
• Pricing: While affordable compared to larger CRM software brands, at $149/month per user, it may be out of budget for some startups
• Mobile apps and social-media integration are still evolving, and currently are poorly done or non-existent
Between the three CRM software programs covered in this post, Zoho is the most comprehensive option. Through this software program, your startup can track customer communications, control marketing, track sales, and generate leads, all with a robust reporting system that provides insightful data. Mobile apps features allow your employees to review, edit, delete, and add information to customer accounts from iOS, Android, and Blackberry devices.
Zoho even has software options that track and manage inventory, making it ideal for retail and manufacturing startups.
• Affordable: pricing ranges from $12 to $35/month per user
• Free base package available to companies with three or fewer users
• Integrated social media offerings not often found on smaller CRM software
• Poor compatibility with third-party tools
The best CRM software for startups is the one that provides you with the tracking ability and data your business needs to survive and thrive. Reporting, mobile access, and scalability tend to be of utmost importance to startups, but make sure you keep your needs in mind when selecting a software platform.