6 Important Reasons to “Americanize” your Online Presence and Earn Greater Profits!
Since the emergence of the Internet in the 1990`s, the worldwide growth of online sales have been astonishing.
The rise of companies like Amazon, E-Bay, Yahoo, and others has inspired millions of start-up entrepreneurs throughout the world to create websites that are entirely based on a powerful web presence with an “American flavor”.
In fact, a very high proportion of successful online ventures choose to present themselves as “American” even when the company owners are not physically located in the US.
Upon reflection, this development is not surprising given these facts about America:
- Of the world’s 25 top websites, 16 are primarily based in the US (according to Alexa rankings).
- The Unites States is the world’s largest “free” economy and is seen by many as a fortress of Free Enterprise and individual opportunity.
- An American oriented website appeals to global English speakers including Great Britain, India, Australia and other large nations where English is an important (or dominant) language of commerce.
- The American consumer population is the most powerful in recorded economic history… the advantages of an e-commerce company is greater here than anywhere else.
- US payment systems are properly regulated to protect the commercial rights of business owners and their customers.
6 effective strategies to to create a US style E-Commerce business:
1. Create an American style domain name(s) that appeals to potential customers.
If available, examples would be…
2. Register a legal company in the US
Visitors to your website will feel safer knowing that their transactions with your business will be governed under the laws of a country with important legal protections for merchants and their customers.
Delaware is the most cost effective and practical to register a Corporation for your e-commerce business.
3. Your website should list a proper physical US address and phone number under the “Contact Us” tab
This step is appropriate if your business is actually operating as a legal entity in a US jurisdiction.
The American address and contact number will provide a feeling of security to your clientele. Conducting business with a company that is close and accessible will encourage more confidence than dealing with a “foreign” firm. A website that provides full contact information is more inherently trustworthy and transparent than one that only offers an email as the basis of contact. At IncPlan.net we can assist you with both an American address and phone number.
4. Get an American bank account for your American company!
This goes without saying, for reasons beyond “image”. Many merchant service companies give preferential treatment to clients with American bank accounts. In fact, many credit card processors will only process through American bank accounts. PayPal certainly offers preferential treatment to clients who have US bank account.
In addition to practical business considerations, American banks are rapidly becoming the safest haven in the banking world. American banks are considered the most stable in the world. They do not confiscate assets for political reasons (unlike Cyprus and other crisis ridden venues) and they do not provide information randomly to other government interested parties. Assets held in a corporate account are even more secure!
5. Once the practical steps are taken, rock it American style! Use Social Media.
Americans love to tell their stories and they like to hear yours. You can make your website much more American if you have an active blog. The blog can be a great mixture of putting your products forward, explaining what makes them great, writing about your business, your customers and yourself. Have the attitude not so much of professional stiffness, but rather of professional competence and friendliness. Your basic assumption is that when you do business with your clientele, it is a win-win situation. Use blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc to tell your story and invite your customer to talk to you!
6. Develop American suppliers you can trust.
As your business booms, you will become more and more dependent on local partners, suppliers, vendors or consultants. Choose to ally yourself only with those who are trustworthy and have a proven track records. Rely on recommendations from friends and colleagues you trust. These suppliers can both help you navigate unknown waters and they are often a local face of your business.
The steps lists are both practical: incorporate an American company, maintain a US presence with an address and phone number, get an American bank account. These are all absolutely necessary first steps! But go a little beyond that, try thinking and feeling “American” as well. It is a great way to secure and expand a base in the biggest market in the world!