Incorporation can take any enterprise to the next level, offering many benefits to the business owner compared to being a simple sole proprietorship. Having the letters Inc or LLC after your company name offers an added sense of prestige and trustworthiness, making it easier to gain new business, especially with companies or consumers who prefer to deal only with American firms.
Becoming incorporated also confers several financial advantages such as efficient tax arrangements, and personal asset protection to separate your personal wealth from any business liabilities that may be acquired if things go wrong. For non-US residents, there is also the major attraction that incorporating in the USA makes it possible to open a US bank account, which in turn opens the way to joining major online commerce programs such as those operated by Amazon, eBay, and others.
Luckily for overseas business owners, it’s perfectly possible to incorporate an international business in most US states, resulting in your company enjoying full status as a US corporation with all the benefits that brings. However, incorporation can be a complicated process for those who haven’t been through it before, and with the rules, requirements, and advantages varying from state to state, it’s vital to have an expert helping hand to guide you through the process.
This is where the professionals come in. Their professional expertise will help you through the sometimes confusing procedure of incorporating in the US, and to make the whole process as simple as possible they should assist in the following ways.
- Advise on the pros and cons of incorporation across the different jurisdictions of the US.
- Supply all the official forms that are needed for incorporation in your state of choice, will advise you on how to properly fill them in, and will check that everything is correct before submitting them.
- Inform you of what supporting documentation will be necessary for your incorporation application.
- Arrange the delivery of the completed paperwork and all necessary supporting documentation to the correct office, in the required format, and will carry out any further steps which are needed in the chosen state.
- If necessary, arrange for a local representative to act as a registered agent to comply with local incorporation requirements, which can be a vital consideration for overseas residents with no physical presence in the jurisdiction.
- See you through the process from beginning to end, dealing with any problems that occur along the way.
- Advise on any ongoing paperwork, filings, or further measures that may be required to maintain your corporation’s legal status in the future.
- Arrange for you to open a US-based bank account complete with credit card, opening up access to many online programs that only accept US entities.
- Supply mail forwarding and US phone number facilities as part of their full range of business services.
- To help you run your US corporation as an overseas resident, they should assist with any business, legal, or tax issues that may arise.
As can be seen, there is a lot to be considered before, during, and after the incorporation process. Properly completing all the steps required can be a challenge even for US citizens, but for overseas entrepreneurs who must deal with the additional complications of distance, legal differences, and possible language difficulties, using the services of the professionals makes perfect sense and will avoid delays and errors that could prove costly to your business.